Monday, May 11, 2009

Who I am!

I am someone who's struggled with food since the age of 10. I always liked eating & while we were allowed treats as kids were grew up eating garden fresh foods, game meats (Dad was an avid hunter) & lots of fresh caught fish.

My struggles with food started when my brother, Craig, was hit by a car when I was 10 years old. Craig was just 2 years younger than me & little did I know that my whole world would change forever. He was my only sibling & he died that day in October.

As we began to deal with the loss as a family, it was understandable that my parents had to deal with things in their own way. I had to find my own way to deal so I sought comfort in the pantry, fridge & freezer.

The result was disordered eating, binging to be exact, that started at a very young age. I struggled with my eating disorder for most of my life & still have days where I cannot fight the demons but I always seem to get a grip before it gets a grip of me.

I started a blog entry on the main page that talks more about my binge eating disorder & will post that here in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment